Vape has been named the Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year 2014.
To Vape: Verb (vapes, vaping)
The act of inhaling and exhaling water vapour into the lungs through an Electronic Vaping Product (EVP), more commonly known as an e-cigarette.
What is an E-Cigarette?
An e-cigarette commonly looks, feels and tastes like a traditional cigarette. Where it differs from a traditional cigarette is the use of a cartomiser – a screwing capsule containing the nicotine liquid and an atomiser (the element that heats the liquid). As you draw air through the device, the liquid is heated and turned into an inhalable vapour.
The exhaled vapour is made mainly of water, giving you the confidence of vaping without the inconvenience of smelly clothes or negative comments from your friends.
See more about how e-cigarettes work.
Advantages of Vaping
- While vaping emulates the act of smoking, e-cigarettes do not contain any tobacco and don’t produce tar, transforming the act of vaping into a completely new experience
- Depending on how much you smoke, vaping can be cost-effective – make a one off payment for your device and refill your cartomisers as and when you need
- No lingering smell on your clothes or furniture
- Time efficient and great on-the-go. You can vape while travelling or use quickly if you’re in a rush by simply taking the amount of puffs you desire.
- Return indoors during the cold winter months and enjoy vaping indoors, free from drawbacks for both you and your peers.
*While there are no laws currently in existence around vaping indoors, it is always best to use your own judgement; ask permission before you do and always be considerate of those around you.
To find out more about the benefits of using e-cigarettes as reported by consumers, click here to read a recent study of over 19,000 participants by the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
Visit our News section for the latest vaping developments and news.